Saturday, August 12, 2006

standing room only

I'm trying to think of what I've been doing since my last update. I'm drawing a blank, since apparently I'm plagued with short-term memory - I have trouble remembering what I had for lunch. Or for that matter, if I ate lunch at all. This may turn into a very dry recollection of mundane activities (maybe not unlike Elena's emails from Greece). Just a disclaimer.

At some point, I went to see "Mother Courage and Her Children" in the Park. What a loooong play that was - although Meryl Streep was fantastic. At the time, I figured the perceived length had something or rather to do with the fact that I was high for part of it, but then a few days later I got a glimpse of the review the Post gave it and realized that it really was just a long-ass play. However, I do remember a full moon being out that night, right over the stage, and the fact that the weather was absolutely perfect.

Wednesday night was dinner with Vanessa and Justine at Coffee Shop (amazing herb fries, definitely a place that's going into the Restaurant Book) and afterwards we sat in Washington Square Park and they sang "Estoy Con Mis Amigos" - it makes me sad not to know when I'm seeing them next. Maybe in a few months, maybe in a year. I guess I should be getting used to that feeling.

Yesterday was my last day working for Grassroots Campaigns. I got to hand-pick my team and the site, which was a nice little gift from the directors, because usually they just surprise all of the field managers every morning. So I took my hand-picked team to the West Village site, which coincidentally is right by G-Ho. Had a splendid last day; the spring weather, the nice pedestrians, the nice lunch at Cafe Angelique, everything.
Met up with Cari afterwards, and we went to the Metropolitan Cafe for dinner, where we had a lengthy discussion with our wonderful waiter about wines. I ended up having a glass of Rose, which was Amazing (and according to the Times, a nice summer wine that's making a comeback..?). Then, more drinks downtown with the office. Crashed at the sweet pad that Cari is house-sitting, where unfortunately there is a pug. An ugly-as-sin pug. I'm a dog-person, I love dogs - but I honestly couldn't bear having this pug near me, it was so vile. I thought maybe it would get cute after a while, but it never did. I mean, I had to physically push it away from me. If that makes me a bad, superficial person, then so be it.

Today I spent a glooorious morning with Cari. We hit up Jack's for coffee (note: have decided that I would ideally want to live either right above Chumley's or right next to Jack's. Also, Jack himself is actually a very good-looking man, which I discovered today. Hmmm.) and just ambled around the West Village and SoHo, going into stores and wandering around street fairs and flea markets. Then Mike joined us and we went to Best Buy and The Strand. Realize am going to miss those two tremendously when I leave. And by "those two" I don't mean Mike and Cari I mean Best Buy and The Strand, naturally. Who cares about Mike and Cari, pfffffft.

Anyway. There it is, little bits and piece of the last week or so. Have one week before I leave for AK. So I've decided that this next week is just going to be one long extravaganza, with the birthday somewhere in between. Should be interesting. Oh, and also have to basically pack up my room, since we sold the house here. Lots to do, lots to do. But for now, a book and sleeping in sounds marvelous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home