Saturday, July 22, 2006

don't let me down

Today on the subway, there was a bright green grasshopper/cricket(?) on one of the ads above the seats. I stared at it for a while, and wondered if it was just chilling, or freaking out.
It was probably freaking out.
Poor grasshopper/cricket(?).

Got to hang out with the office outside of the office yesterday. The night started at around 8 pm at Mad River with $1 drinks, and ended at around 7 in the morning at some diner on the Lower East Side - with many bummed cigarettes, some karaoke, and Gray's Papaya in between. Kind of blurring the lines between 'co-workers/canvassers' and 'friends' - and for some people, the line between 'friends' and 'more than friends.' More to come on that last part, maybe.

End of July is already coming up. Weird.

Apparently my mom's making a surprise visit to Jersey on Monday, for God knows what reason. Probably has to do with the house.

I haven't been writing anything these past few weeks (music-wise), but that may soon be remedied.

I'm tired and babbling. I'm listening to my "august nights" playlist and it's hitting the spot. In particular, The Beatles' "Don't Let Me Down" and Aimee Mann's "It's Not":
So baby kiss me like a drug like a respirator
And let me fall into the dream of the astronaut
Where I get lost in space that goes on forever
And you make all the rest just an afterthought
And I believe it's you who could make it better
But it's not
No, it's not

1 Comments:

Blogger kronleo said...

grasshopper? sounds funny

July 22, 2006 8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home