Thursday, August 03, 2006

heatwave much?

Today was not a good day to be standing outside all day. Wait, let me rephrase that. Today was a horrid, wretched, god-awful, why-am-I-alive day to be standing outside all day.
If the Democrats don't take back the majority after all of this, I don't know what I'll do.
(It probably wouldn't be anything very drastic - I'd probably just sigh a little bit and then move on. But still.)

Moving on.
Last night, my fake got confiscated. And the best part is, it got confiscated not at a trendy/exclusive bar/club, but at - wait for it - Down the Hatch.
Yep, that hole in the wall known for cheap wings and beer on West 4th with the predominantly underage NYU crowd.
It's not that big a deal, since I won't be needing it when I'm abroad, and by the time I come back I won't be needing it anyway. But it was just funny that it got taken away at Down the fuckin Hatch.
*shrug*

Also, apparently everyone at the office thought I was over 21 all this time. (Which I guess is a compliment...?) So needless to say, there was a little confusion when I told them my ID had been taken away. "Wait, what ID? Why would he take your ID?? What the fuck?? Wait, what? You're not 21?! What?!!.....I'm drunk."
But instead of everyone staying at Down the Hatch and me going home all by my lonesome after the ID fiasco, they all came out and we went to Chumleys.
Way to stick together as a team, DNC. Woot.

Alright, I'm tired so the rest of the entry is just going to be economized.
+ Little Miss Sunshine
+ Little Miss Sunshine shirt that Caroline gave me.
+ I'm seeing Naima tomorrow!
+ It's not supposed to be 100+ degrees tomorrow!
- I have intense knots in my shoulders and they're hurting me.
- "I thought you were an MTV girl"
+ Cari is coming back into the city in a week to housesit and we're going to have slumber parties.
+ Birthday in two weeks!
+ Leaving for AK in two weeks-ish!
- Leaving everyone and everything in two weeks-ish.
+ Getting lots of stationary before I leave so that I can write letters to people from Paris. No emails. Give me your mailing addys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home