Friday, June 09, 2006

just one of those days

Today was one of those rare days when things were just going my way (for once). These days come once every blue moon in my otherwise ho-hum life, so I made sure to make the best of it.

1. I woke up early (!!!!!!), checked my mail, and some random stranger had emailed me from Bandspace.com wondering where my music could be purchased, which made me feel somewhat legit. Of course any legitimacy disappeared when I replied by saying I would basically have to just send a shitty, burned copy. With no artwork. But such is life.
2. Went into the city, was uber efficient about my Paris paperwork - photocopied everything, dropped off papers at the study abroad office
3. I dropped by good ol' Oren's to get an iced coffee, and got a free cappuccino instead, because I happened to walk in when the new trainee had just finished making a "practice" cappuccino. It was tasty - I see a great coffee-making future for this Chris character.
4. Went shopping and actually made decent purchases! Everythings been so blah recently, I always end up leaving the stores empty-handed, but not today, my friend.
5. Went to a nice dinner with family friends before the madre leaves tomorrow for AK

And last but not least:
6. I think I'm getting a digital SLR camera! Huzzzzzaaaah!


Okay so after writing it all out, maybe my day doesn't sound that spectacular. But it was super productive and efficient, which NEVVVVER HAPPENS. And plus, I get such a kick out of little things like a free iced cappuccino. So there.

And now....movie time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home